Douglas D. Backous, M.D., FACS
Dr. Backous is a board-certified Neurotologist specializing in treating conditions of the ear and skull base.
For more than 22 years in the Northwest, Dr. Backous has provided leading-edge treatments for patients with hearing loss, deafness, chronic ear infections, cholesteatoma acoustic neuromas and facial nerve disorders. His professional passion is ensuring access to care for patients who choose to hear with cochlear implants, brainstem implants, osseointegrated devices (Baha and Ponto) and other hearing devices. He treats adults and children.
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Activities & Honors
- Clinical Fellowship in Neurotology at Johns Hopkins University
- Director and Treasurer for Proliance Surgeons
- Past Chairman of the Board at Seattle Pacific University (2011-19)